Public Speaking & Communication Skills (1 year)
By the end of this three-term course you will understand how to use the power and subtleties of oral communication to its full potential and be confident in your ability to communicate clearly and effectively, whatever the situation.
Subjects covered include:
- Elements and values of communication
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Breathing, relaxation, posture and voice production
- Skills of listening and asking questions
- Reading at sight
- Impromptu speaking and improvisation
- Public speaking and presentation skills, including structure and visual aids
- Social speaking
- Meeting and interview skills
Participants come from various areas of life and often experience extra, unforeseen benefits, such as the satisfaction of sharing insights and ideas, broadening horizons, and the joy of discovering a hidden talent.
Should you wish to earn a qualification, you can take the Trinity Guildhall exam in Communication Skills. We can also offer exams from other examining bodies.
Fees are payable in advance of each term. We regret that fees are non refundable unless classes are cancelled.
If you would like to find out more about any of our courses, please call Máire on 087 2317850 or click here to request a call back.