Beginners’ Teen Public Speaking and Effective Communication
This course's objective is to give second-level students the tools they need to develop a wide range of transferable 21st- century skills. These skills will be of immense benefit in both their educational pursuits and every aspect of their personal lives.
Classes help students develop their creative and conversational abilities, enabling them to communicate with confidence. The environment is both relaxed and encouraging. They will also learn the techniques of Public Speaking to prepare for school CBA’s, oral exams, presentations, collaboration, auditions and interviews.
To ensure individual attention, attendance will be limited to a maximum of 8 – 10 participants.
Subjects covered include:
- Elements and values of communication
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Relaxation and breath (how to stay calm and confident even under pressure )
- Developing the natural voice
- Impromptu speaking (learning to ‘think on your feet’)
- Reading at sight
- Assertiveness and personal development
- Public Speaking and Presentation skills (including structuring, visual aids and audience)
- Skills of listening and asking questions
- Interview technique
Structure of Course
Course runs from mid-September to early June at our Tullamore centre. Classes are held once a week on Saturdays. Tuition fees payable half-yearly in advance.
At end of course, students will be eligible to take an accredited grade examination in Communication Skills from Trinity College London.
If you would like to find out more, please call Máire on 087 2317850 or click here to request a call back.