Creative Communication for Teenagers: Introductory Course
This course introduces teenagers to voice and speech training, drama/theatre studies and communication skills (public speaking), in a relaxed and supportive environment. You will gain confidence and creativity, as well as broad range of communication skills to prepare you for success in life after school.
- Elements and values of communication
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Breathing, relaxation, posture
- Voice and speech
- Mime, improvisation and characterisation
- Impromptu speaking (learning to ‘think on your feet’)
- Discussion and debating skills
- Assertiveness and personal development
- Skills of listening and asking questions
- Reading at sight
- Creative interpretation of prose, poetry and dramatic text
- Public speaking and presentation techniques
- Interview skills
Exams are non-compulsory, but students will have an opportunity to take a Trinity Guildhall exam at year-end, following satisfactory in-house assessment at Easter.
We provide feedback to parents through our annual parent/teacher meetings.
Structure of Course
Course runs from early September to June. Classes are held once a week - and twice a week in the lead-up to exams. Tuition fees are payable half-yearly in advance.
If you would like to find out more about any of our teenager courses, please call Máire on 087 2317850 or click here to request a call back.